• 7713阅读
  • 0回复

Qt 4.7 for Symbian^3 – developer version available [复制链接]

上一主题 下一主题
离线XChinux

只看楼主 倒序阅读 楼主  发表于: 2010-10-20
原文见:http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2010/10/18/qt-4-7-for-symbian3-developer-version-available/

Qt 4.7 for Symbian^3 – developer version available                            

Posted by Eero Penttinen on October 18, 2010

Finally, we have a development version of Qt 4.7 that can be installed to Symbian^3 devices like N8 and C7. It’s meant explicitly for development purposes only and cannot be used deploy Qt 4.7 based applications to Symbian^3 devices. This is the real Qt version and it will actually replace Qt libraries on your device (don’t worry, we will provide also a package so that you can revert to Qt 4.6.3  which actually ships on N8 and friends).
Target is that developers can start deploying Qt 4.7 based applications for Symbian^3 devices in Q1 2011.
You may wonder why for development only and not deployment? There are many reasons for that:
  • There are applications done by both Nokia and our partners that are based on Qt 4.6.3 and which will ship on Symbian^3 devices. We must ensure that when upgrade to Qt 4.7 is done, those applications will still work – that’s the compatibility promise we have given and that’s a strong one. And the same applies to your Qt 4.6.3 based applications built for Symbian, so if you run into issues here, please let us know – http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/.
  • We want to ensure Qt 4.7 for Symbian^3 will provide a smooth platform for QML and Qt Quick – believe me, it is already now awesome but there are still some improvements we want to do.
  • We want to also improve the multimedia related capabilities of Qt on Symbian^3 devices. We know that there are some issues and we are working hard to fix those.
  • You may wonder why we didn’t create a “system Qt” and allowing deployment of multiple Qt versions by applications? We want to ensure as efficient usage of system resources as possible and that all applications will benefit when an upgrade is done. In the long term it would not be sustainable if you would have different versions of Qt installed to same device depending on what version some specific application would be depending on.
Give it a try and give us as much feedback as possible. We intend to provide updates on regular basis. For details where to get, how to install it and how to report bugs, see http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Qt_4.7_for_Symbian%5E3_-_developer_version
Give it a try together with Mobility 1.1 beta containing lot of new APIs for mobile development with Qt - [url]http://qt.nokia.com/developer/new-qt-apis[/url]
- Eero
QShare(this)
Tweet

Possibly related posts:
  1. Mobility API mandatory update for Symbian apps created using beta Nokia Qt SDK
  2. Qt for Symbian and the Nokia Smart Installer (beta)
  3. Symbian development using Linux
  4. Qt 4.6.0 Beta1 for Symbian is out!
  5. A brief history of Qt for Symbian – and a look ahead
                    Tagged as:                        Qt 4.7 Symbian^3                    

16 comments  (read them below or add one)

Nils October 18, 2010 at 3:56 pm
Are there any plans for a Symbian^1 Qt 4.7 package?

Don October 18, 2010 at 4:19 pm
@Nils: S^1 had it already for a while, there’s an installation .sis in the 4.7 symbian packages.
Guys this is fantastic, can’t wait to try it   However, after installing all packages in the order given in the wiki (qmlfolderlistmodelplugin.sis should go before qmlviewer.sis though), everything to C: drive, and installing qtquickplayground, it does not start. I didn’t set up the SDK with 4.7 though, so I used the qtquickplayground.sis file included in the package.
Also, some of the qml*.sis packages give a warning that they are not intended for this phone (N8 obviously).
I know you want us to file bugs but these seem kind of obvious as I just followed your instructions

Thomas Luquet October 18, 2010 at 4:35 pm
grrrrr i wait for qt mobility for too long time….

Eero Penttinen October 18, 2010 at 5:00 pm
@Nils – you can get Qt 4.7.0 SIS packages for S60 3.1, 3.2 and 5.0 from http://qt.nokia.com/downloads/symbian-cpp
- Eero

Eero Penttinen October 18, 2010 at 5:05 pm
@Don: You should safely ignore the warnings during the installation. I would assume that the qtquickplayground.sis is not compatible with the Qt 4.7 package for Symbian^3, we need to take a look into that. Try to rebuild it with Qt 4.7 SDK for Symbian and let us know if that worked out.

Eero Penttinen October 18, 2010 at 5:07 pm
@Thomas: Qt Mobility as Qt are developed as open source projects so you can help us out – contribute . The 1.1 release starts to have a rather comprehensive set of APIs for mobile development.

Don October 18, 2010 at 5:08 pm
@Eero: true that, perhaps being a bit too impatient
Copied over some of the qml demos (ie the pure qml ones) and they work mostly ok using the qmlviewer.
This was released sooner than I expected, thanks a lot for that, keep up the great work!

L October 19, 2010 at 3:55 am
How can I set up the Nokia Qt SDK to build Qt 4.7 apps for symbian? Do these packages include the toolchain for this purpose?

Eero Penttinen October 19, 2010 at 7:04 am
@L: This package contains only the binaries of Qt to be installed to your device. The Nokia Qt SDK doesn’t support Qt 4.7 yet. However, you can use the Qt libraries 4.7.0 for Symbian http://qt.nokia.com/downloads for this purpose.

C. Breuer October 19, 2010 at 10:11 am
>We want to also improve the multimedia related capabilities of Qt on Symbian^3 devices. We know that there are some issues and >we are working hard to fix those.
I miss support for flac on my N8.
Another point is that it doesn’t play MPEG (*.mpg and *.ts) files.
Is there a way to get support for that in QT/Symbian^3?
If this is a cost problem Nokia should provide additional packages
in the ovi store where users can buy additional codec.
Something like a “additional codec pack for Symbian^3″

2beers October 19, 2010 at 11:04 am
So if qt 4.7 applications can be deployed in Q1 2011, by that time I think we’ll have qt 4.7.1
So.. do you think that the update in Q1 2011 will have qt 4.7.1 instead of qt 4.7.0
Thanks

Eero Penttinen October 19, 2010 at 11:06 am
@2beers: the update will be based on Qt 4.7.x, where x >= 2.

Don October 19, 2010 at 12:23 pm
Does this mean you are committing to full backwards (binary) compatibility, for the entire life of S^3, across major versions (down to 4.6.3) ? Even when 4.8 comes along?
Or will you have something like small compatibility wrappers to “behave” like a previous version for apps that need that? How is the backwards compatibility issue handled with for example Qt Mobility ?
Don’t get me wrong, I think it is definitely the best idea to have 1 version installed on the phone, shared between all applications. It just sounds difficult to pull off, so I am curious how you guys feel about that

Eero Penttinen October 19, 2010 at 12:57 pm
@Don: That’s indeed our target – tough indeed but very important for developers and we are putting lot of effort to improve the BC testing of Qt. The same applies to Qt Mobility.
The Qt 4.6.3 release forms the baseline for BC for Symbian^3 devices, for Qt Mobility it is AFAIK 1.0.2 version.

Eero Penttinen October 19, 2010 at 12:58 pm
@C. Breuer – I will follow up that with some multimedia experts and get back once I have some details.

Eero Penttinen October 20, 2010 at 9:12 am
@C. Breuer – As per the new video codecs like Flac or *.mpg or any other codec, 3rd party developers can write their own codecs. Good place to start will be developer.symbian.org and check MDF/DevVideo documentation.

Leave a Comment

二笔 openSUSE Vim N9 BB10 XChinux@163.com 网易博客 腾讯微博
承接C++/Qt、Qt UI界面、PHP及预算报销系统开发业务
快速回复
限100 字节

上一个 下一个